Basing your group in Dublin & Belfast, learn beyond the history books about Ireland’s fascinating political past
Ireland has both an interesting and a tragic history that most people have heard about. With this itinerary you will get a deeper understanding of the history that has shaped the country and the politics behind it all and your group can experience in real life what has been taught in the classroom.
- 2 x nights Dublin city centre hostel accommodation + 2 x nights Belfast city centre accommodation
- Multi-bedded rooms for the students / Twin or single rooms for the Group leaders
- 4 x Light Continental breakfasts each morning
- Coaching - Private airport transfers day 1 and Day 5 - Day 3: Private transfer to Belfast - Day 4 no coaching included.
- 4 x Packed lunch each day to take out that includes a sandwich, a packet of crisps, a bottle of water and a piece of fruit
- 4 x 2 Course Dinner in one of our local partner restaurants
- Political walking guided tour of Dublin and Belfast
- Entrance to the following visitor Attractions:
Dublinia and the Viking World
Crumlin Road Gaol
- Back up & Support – 24 hour back up emergency support in destination
Arrival at Dublin airport where your coach driver will be waiting for you to drive you to your Dublin city centre hostel.
The rest of the afternoon will be at leisure.
Evening: Enjoy a lovely 2-course dinner in a local restaurant and experience the world-famous Irish hospitality.
Morning: The 1916 Rebellion Walking Tour – Led by the great Lorcan Collins, your group will be taken around Dublin and will hear the story of one of this most important event in Irish history in search for the independence: the 1916 Easter rising.
Afternoon: Visit to Glasnevin Cemetery – Listen to the stories of some of Ireland’s most famous figureheads who are buried in this iconic cemetery and find out how they all played a part in making Ireland what it is today.
Evening: Finishing the busy day at a centrally located restaurant, enjoying a well-deserved 2-course dinner.
Morning: A visit to Dublinia – Your group will be immersed into the Viking and medieval era of Dublin and learn how it shaped the city hundreds of years back.
Afternoon: Your coach will pick you up at your hostel and drive you to your Belfast city centre accommodation in Northern Ireland
The remainder of the afternoon will be spent at leisure exploring the city.
Evening: Head to a local restaurant where you will be served a delicious 2-course dinner.
Morning: Political walking tour with Coiste – This tour takes you on both communities in Belfast where you get the opportunity to be guided by former political prisoners who will share their vision of the Troubles between the British and the Irish each with their own story.
Afternoon: A visit to Crumlin Road Gaol – Discover the inside of the last remaining Victorian prison in Northern Ireland and learn about the life of the inmates inside and the story of some infamous ones.
Evening: Ending the day with a well-earned 2-course dinner in a local restaurant
The coach will pick you up from your accommodation and drop you off at the airport.
Notes for group leaders
We highly recommend preparing for this tour in advance with your students so you get the most out of it. We suggest researching into the periods of Irish History between 1969 and 1998 known as the troubles to understand the basics of the British/Irish conflict as well as the period leading to the 1916 Easter rising and War of Independence.