Experience Ireland’s musical heritage on this inspiring and uplifting musical tour
Ireland is a country with music in its bones, and in every city, town and village you will find a piece of music tradition. Follow the story of Ireland’s musical culture on this fascinating tour. Discover what it takes to be an Irish dancer, follow in the footsteps of some musical greats at Windmill Lane Studios and finish with a performance of your own at the CHQ building. So warm up your vocal cords, put your best foot forward and fall in love with music all over again!
- 3 x nights Dublin city centre hostel accommodation
- Multi-bedded rooms for the students / Twin or single rooms for the Group leaders
- 3 x Light Continental breakfasts each morning
- 3 x Packed lunch each day to take out that includes a sandwich, a packet of crisps, a bottle of water and a piece of fruit
- 2 x 2 Course Dinner in one of our local partner restaurants
- 1 x 2 Course Dinner with Irish dancing evening entertainment in one of our local partner restaurants
- COACHING: Private airport transfers on day 1 and day 4
- Irish dancing demonstration and lesson including ballroom hire
- Your band/choir performance in the CHQ Building followed by a visit to Epic, The Irish Emigration Museum
- Entrance to the following visitor Attractions:
Windmill Lane Recording Studios
The Irish Rock ‘N’ Roll Museum
- Back up & Support – 24 hour back up and emergency support in destination for your group
- Dublin city centre located hostel
- Ensuite rooms ( shower & toilets in bedrooms)
- Leaders accommodated in private rooms
- Students accommodated in multi bedded rooms
- FREE Continental breakfast
- FREE WiFi throughout the hostel
- FREE Bed linen
- Fully equipped self-catering kitchen
Private venue space where your group can rehearse and get ready for their performance
First time visiting Dublin? If your group is arriving in the morning time on day 1 – why not add an orientation walking tour to get familiar with the top sights of the city.
On arrival at Dublin airport, you will be met by your coach driver in the arrivals hall and he will drive you to your city centre hostel.
The rest of the afternoon is at leisure.
Evening: Experience the warm Irish hospitality for your 2-course dinner in a local restaurant.
Morning: Irish dancing demonstration and lesson – Learn all about the steps of the world-famous Irish dancing, put on your dancing shoes and get ready to dance!
Afternoon: Rock ‘N’ Roll museum – This all-access tour of the museum will showcase the best of the Irish music industry and give your group the opportunity to not only learn about music but live it too, as you create your own band and perform a cover single in the iconic Apollo Studios.
Evening: Head to a local restaurant where you will be served a hearty 2-course dinner.
Morning: Windmill Lane Recording Studios – When people think of recording Studios in Ireland, they always think of one place: Windmill Lane and this is where your group visit today. Feel inspired as you walk through the hall of fame and discover how daily life works at a recording studio.
Afternoon: Music Performance at the CHQ Building and visit to Epic Museum – Whether you are a choir group or a band, today you will get to perform in the iconic CHQ building, which originally served as storage for cargos of tobacco and teas in the 1800s. Nowadays, it is a bustling hall with lots of food venues and workers from the nearby financial quarter, who will be delighted to listen to your group during their lunch break!
After your performance, head to Epic museum located beneath the CHQ and learn all about the thousands of Irish people who had to leave Ireland during the Great Famine and how the Irish culture influence can now be found worldwide.
Evening: Irish Traditional Night – Tonight you will experience what is known in Ireland as a Ceili night! You will enjoy your 2-course dinner, followed by some live Irish music and dance tuition. This isn’t a sit-down show, so get ready to get up and dance!
After a busy few days, we say goodbye to Dublin today. Your coach will collect you at your hostel and drive you back to the airport.
If you are travelling with instruments and are looking to store them in the hostel, we recommend that you advise on at the enquiry stage as we will have to book an extra room for your group. This is the easiest way to store your instruments as you would be the only ones having access to that room.
Performance at CHQ is subject to availability and group size - interested bands/choirs should contact us as early as possible and please note a repertoire sample will be required in advance of confirmation.