Celtic Group Hostels CGH Limited, Carmody House, Dublin 1 is the controller of the personal data provided in this policy. We are committed to the privacy of our customers and we will always be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with this information.
If you have any queries about our use of your personal data – please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data :
Personal data means any data you can be identified with, such as name, address, contact details, booking reference number or payment details. All data collection we process is on the basis of your consent.
Why we need your personal data :
We only collect the data we need to provide you with group booking services we offer in Ireland – if you do not provide us with this information – we will not be able to provide you with these group booking services.
How we receive your personal data :
There are two ways we receive your personal data:
- If you have sent a booking request directly to us, you have given us your personal data yourself;
- If you have booked either through an agent or booked directly with one of our hostels, they have transferred your data to us in order to fulfil your group booking request.
What data we collect :
Data we collect includes the following:
- Your name, home address, e-mail address, telephone number, payment details (such as credit/debit card), bank details in the instance that a refund may be required;
- Dietary requirements of group members;
- Names of group members for the rooming list;
- Ages of group members in order to provide accurate services (for example Guinness Storehouse under 18 policy – no alcohol provided on group visits – soft drinks for under 18’s / Isaacs Hostel – no under 16’s accommodated at this hostel due to the accommodations being standard = toilets & shower located outside of the bedrooms);
- Information about your use of our website – see Cookie note;
- Communications between you and us, such as e-mails, letters, text messages etc.
What we do with your personal data :
We will process any personal data you provide to us with for the following purposes to
- provide you with the group booking services you have ordered;
- contact you if required in connection with your order or to respond to any communications you might send to us;
- contact you in an emergency regarding the group booking services you have ordered;
- process your payment as well as for accounting, billing and audit purposes;
- send you further information about goods or services that you buy from us.
Recipients of data:
Your personal data may be shared with other companies in order to fullfil our group booking services to you, including:
- CGH Hostel providers – we will disclose the following details to our hostels in order to provide group booking services – group name / group leader name / group leader telephone / group member details (whichever specific details are relevant in order to provide our group booking services)
- Other Service suppliers you book with us – we will disclose the following details in order to provide our group booking services – group name / group leader name / group leader telephone / group member details (whichever specific details are relevant in order to provide our group booking services)
- Our providers – we use specialist service providers to assist us in operating our business, where they have access to your data we ensure they are selected to fully respect your privacy rights.
We require service providers and data processors to process your information in a secure manner in accordance with Irish and EU law on data protection.
We retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which we collected it. When determining the retention period we consider the amount and nature of the data, the purpose for which we process it and we must also consider periods that we are obliged to retain personal data to meet our legal and taxation obligations in Ireland. When we no longer need your personal data we will anonymise it so that it is no longer possible to link it to you.
We will not transfer your data outside of the EEA.
This website uses “cookie” technology. A cookie is a little piece of text stored by the browser on your computer, at the request of our server. This allows us to collect information such as time spent on our website and pages visited.
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances, in relation to your personal data:
Right to access the data - You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
Right to rectification - You have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
Right to erasure - You have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
Right to restriction of processing or to object to processing - You have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
Right to data portability - You have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine readable format.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Irish Data Protection Commissioner (https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Contact-us/11.htm), or your local supervisory authority.