Belfast City – Full Day Coach Tour from Dublin – 11 hours
Groups with an interest in Ireland's modern political history simply mustn't miss out on visiting Belfast in Northern Ireland. It is one of the most popular package day trips requested by student groups coming to Ireland on their school trip.
What's included for your group on this day trip?
- Pick-up at your Dublin accommodation by a modern coach.
- A qualified English-speaking driver/guide who will keep your group entertained during the journey with their own humour and knowledge about the sites included in the itinerary.
- On the coach, Political Tour of Belfast including the world-famous Peace Wall, Falls (Catholic) and Shankill Road (Protestant) murals; commentary provided by the driver/guide on the coach.
- Republican Museum visit (not open on Sundays & Mondays).
- Titanic Quarter Stop – the birthplace of HMS Titanic (30 minutes).
- Free time to explore the sights & activities of Belfast at your group’s leisure (3.5 - 4 hours).
To allow your group more time to explore the city, the coach will take you straight to Belfast from Dublin (with just a short comfort stop enroute only). Your driver/guide will begin the tour of the city in two parts. Firstly, you will visit west Belfast, where you will see the infamous Peace Wall. This 25ft wall divides the Loyalist community from the Republican community. Loyalists are those who are loyal to the Queen of England and wish to keep Northern Ireland as part of the United Kingdom. Republicans ultimately want a united Ireland and the removal of the British claim to the island's northern region.
You will also visit the Republican museum (not open Sundays & Mondays) before heading to east Belfast, home of the Harland & Wolff shipyard and, of course, the birthplace of the famous RMS Titanic (photo stop only).
Here you will have the option to do the Titanic tour (supplement applies) and meet the group after in the city or continue into the city for plenty of free time before returning to Dublin.
08:00 hrs: Depart Dublin
10:30 hrs: Titanic Quarter
11:00 hrs: Political Tour of Belfast (on the coach)
12:30 hrs: Free Time Belfast
16:30 hrs: Depart Belfast
19:00 hrs: Return to Dublin
Daily: 08:00 hrs - 19:00 hrs
Notes for Group Leaders
Minimum 20 people for this tour.
Belfast is in Northern Ireland. They use the British pound GBP £, Euros € are not accepted. Make note to change some currency before travelling.
Outside of your Celtic Group Hostel in Dublin. Please be ready 10 minutes before pick up time.