Belfast City – Full Day Coach Tour from Dublin – 11 hours
Group's with an interest in Ireland's modern political history simply mustn't miss out on visiting Belfast in Northern Ireland. It is one of the most popular package day trips requested by student groups coming to Ireland on their school trip.
What's included for your group on this day trip?
- Pick-up at your Dublin accommodation by a modern coach.
- A qualified English speaking driver/guide that will keep your group entertained during the journey with their own humour and knowledge about the sites included in the itinerary.
- On the coach - Political Tour of Belfast including the world famous Peacewall, Falls ( Catholic) and Shankill Road ( Protestant) murals; commentary provided by driver/guide on coach.
- Republican Museum Visit ( not open on Sunday & Mondays)
- Titanic Quarter Stop – birthplace of HMS Titanic (30 minutes)
- Free time to explore the sights & activities of Belfast at your group’s leisure ( 3.5 - 4 hours)
Due to demand for additional time in Belfast this tour will go directly to Belfast from Dublin now ( with just a short comfort stop enroute only). After that we continue north and arrive in Belfast City. Your driver/guide will begin your tour of the city in two parts. We first visit west Belfast where we will see the infamous Peace Wall. This 25ft wall divides the Loyalist community from the Republican community. Loyalists are those who are loyal to the Queen of England and wish to keep Northern Ireland as part of the United Kingdom. Republicans are those who ultimately want a united Ireland and the removal of the British claim to the northern part of the island. You will also visit the Republican museum (not open Sunday & Monday) before we head to east Belfast, home of the Harland & Wolff shipyard and of course the birthplace of the famous RMS Titanic ( photo stop only)
Here you will have the option to do the Titanic tour (supplement applies) and meet the group after in the city, or continue into the city for plenty of free time before returning to Dublin.
ITINERARY timings :
08:00 hrs: Depart Dublin
10:30 hrs: Titanic Quarter
11.00 hrs: Political Tour of Belfast ( on the coach)
12.30 hrs: Free Time Belfast
16.30 hrs: Depart Belfast
19.00 hrs: Return to Dublin
Daily: 08:00 hrs - 19:00 hrs
Notes for Group Leaders
Minimum 20 people for this tour.
Belfast is in Northern Ireland uses the British pound GBP £, Euros € are not accepted. Make note to change some currency before travelling.
Outside of your Celtic Group Hostel in Dublin. Please be ready 10 minutes before pick up time.