Visit the sets and learn the secrets behind GoT, one of the most popular TV shows of all time.
What is Game of Thrones?
Based on a series of best-selling fantasy novels by George R. R. Martin, Game of Thrones tells the exciting tale of the struggles to sit on the Iron Throne and rule the continent of Westeros. The hit HBO series featured 25 different filming locations across Northern Ireland including in Linen Mill Studios.
What can your group expect on the Game of Thrones studio tour?
- The tour commences with a warm welcome, from the fun and friendly tour guides, many of whom were extras on Game of Thrones.
- This is then followed by a short film about the making of the Game of Thrones.
- Your group will then be guided through the actual sets from the TV show, including the courtyards of King’s Landing and the stronghold of Winterfell.
- As your group walk among the iconic scenes, the guides will tell you the secrets and stories and explain how the series was made in great detail.
- You'll also get up close to the costumes and props that delighted millions of viewers worldwide. In fact, the studio is home to the greatest ever collection of GoT onscreen costumes and props.
What else can your group do?
- Visit the armoury to see how artists designed and made fantasy weapons.
- Discover how Giants walk and Dragons fly.
- Transform into your favourite characters from the show using motion capture technology.
- Use the green screen studio to take your photo in your favourite Westeros locations.
- Visit the Studio Shop to stock up on exclusive merchandise.
CGH can also arrange to bring you to nearby filming locations from Game of Thrones, such as Dunluce Castle, which served as the exterior of Pyke Castle of House Greyjoy, and The Dark Hedges, which served as the location for the "King's Road".
Amaze your friends with a photo of yourself with the Stark children or sitting on the actual Iron Throne, if you dare.
Need a quick recap? In these studios, John Snow was murdered by his own men, Jamie and Cersei Lannister plotted their revenge to conquer the seven kingdoms and eventually met their demise.
Visiting this attraction with CGH
The Game of Thrones Studio Tour is located in Banbridge, County Down in Northern Ireland and is available to student groups based in either Dublin or Belfast. The studio is located by coach approximately 90 minutes from Dublin city centre and 50 mins from Belfast. It is a perfect stop along the way if you are travelling from one city to the other with your group or to experience as a full day trip combining the studio tour with some of the famous filming locations used in the series.
2023 Opening Times
Open Monday through Sunday
10.00 am – 18.30 hrs
Last admission at 15.00 hrs
Jan, Feb, Oct – Dec
10.00 am - 18.30 hrs
Studio Tour closed Tues and Weds
Last admission at 15.00 hrs
** Studio closed for essential maintenance
from 19 – 25 January.
The average Game of Thrones Studio Tour visit
lasts around 3 hours.
Notes for Group Leaders
Only food and drink purchased at The Studio Tour can be consumed on site. The Studio Café and Lobby Café both serve a wide range of food, from lite bites to hearty meals.
Coach drop offs - For group bookings of 10 or more persons – coaches can proceed directly to the studio tour site, dropping your group off immediately at the studio tour entrance.
Games of Thrones Studio Tour
Linen Mill Studios
Banbridge BT32 3RX,