O'Sheas Traditional Irish Bar & Restaurant in Dublin
O’ Shea’s Bar & Restaurant is located in the heart of Dublin City and is an established food partner of Celtic Group Hostels for over 20 years – hundreds of our groups have dined in this establishment and it is extremely popular.
Set in a Georgian building, O’ Shea’s boasts a warm atmosphere and offers delicious dinner dishes. On arrival at the restaurant, your group will receive a warm welcome in the hands of an experienced team and they will assist you with whatever you need.
The venue can cater for up to 200 people and is very conveniently located for groups staying in our Hostels in Dublin.
Dinner at O'Shea's - How it works
When dining at O'Shea's Bar & Restaurant, your group has 3 options :
Groups have 3 choices per type of course which can be chosen in advance or on the night. All group members must pick the same courses to ensure smooth running of dinner times.
Dietary requirements can also be catered for - please advise at the time of booking ref special dietary requirements.
Soft drinks, tea and coffee can also be added to your dinner for a supplement.
Sample Group Menu
The below is a sample group dinner menu from O'Sheas Bar & Restaurant:
- Homemade Soup of the Day served with homemade brown bread
- Seasonal Tossed Kitchen Salad with house dressing
- Nacho Chips with cheddar cheese
- Grilled Garlic Ciabatta Bread
- Vegetable Spring Rolls with sweet chilli dip
- Breaded Plaice Fillets with skinny chips
- Chicken Stir Fry on a bed of rice
- O’ Shea’s Famous Irish Lamb Stew
- Chicken Tenders with fries
- Bangers N Mash, Gourmet pork sausages with creamy mash and roast gravy
- Chilli Beef on Savoury rice
- Traditional Chicken or Vegetable Curry
- Taco fries with melted cheddar
- Meat Ball Pasta
- Vegetarian Pasta Provencal with tomato sauce
- Roast Chicken **
- Beef and Guinness Pie
- Beef or Vegetable Lasagne
* *Where not specified main courses are served with chips or salad or mash and vegetables
- Chantilly cream filled Profiteroles with chocolate sauce
- Homemade cheesecake with whipped cream
- Warm Apple Pie with cream
- Homemade Chocolate Fudge cake with chocolate sauce
O’ Shea’s also hosts traditional Irish music and dance. There’s no better way for groups to experience some real Irish culture than to listen to live Irish music being played and learning the Jigs and reels of Irish step dancing. O’Shea’s hosts this experience exclusively for CGH groups - have a look here what an evening can be like for your group: An evening at O'Shea's - Irish Music and Dance Experience.
All year - subject to availability.
Notes for Group Leaders
A minimum of 20 people is generally required for group dinner menu prices. If your group size is smaller we can still arrange dinner - however a supplement may apply depending on the time of year.
Dinner times for groups are available typically from 17.30 to 21.00 hrs (last dinner seating). It is very important that you turn up approximately 15 minutes before your designated meal time!
If your group are arriving on an evening flight - you need to be careful booking dinner times to ensure you allow enough time to get out of the airport and into the city centre, check in at the hostel etc. Our team will assist and help you with this planning.
19 Talbot Street, Dublin 1
Walking distance from our hostels
- Abigails Hostel – 850 meters (11 minutes)
- Jacobs Inn Hostel – 280 meters (3 minutes)
- Abrahams Hostel – 110 meters (1 minute)
- Ashfield Hostel – 800 meters (11 minutes)
- Isaacs Hostel – 140 meters (2 minutes)