An exciting journey through the heart of the city centre in an open top Kayak
Flowing calmly through the heart of the Irish capital, the River Liffey offers a truly unique viewpoint of Dublin. City Kayaking is a fantastic and unrivalled way of seeing Dublin’s landmarks whilst experiencing life on the river which has been so important to Dublin for centuries.
The river Liffey translates as the “River of Life”. It has been used as a source of transportation for centuries and is a key reason why Dublin is the city it is today.
What to expect from the City Kayaking with my group?
- No experience is needed in order to use the easy to operate open-top kayaks, and full instructions and safety training are provided by experienced guides on the day.
- Enter the river and begin your kayaking tour next to the world-renowned Jeanie Johnston Tall Ship
- Admire in the distance the harp-shaped Samuel Beckett Bridge as you slowly paddle towards the city centre
- The very knowledgeable guides accompanying you on the tour will be able to give you plenty of details and stories about the city that is unfolding in front of your eyes
- When the tide is high, your group will feel like they are kayaking almost at street level
- Your tour will last approximately 2 hours, including 90 mins spent on the river
This amazing outdoor experience will allow you to paddle under the picturesque O’Connell and Ha’Penny Bridges and admire local landmarks from your open-air window as you slowly make your way through the city.
This refreshing tour really is the most special way to visit Dublin in a safe, entertaining and thrilling way.
Are you keen on the outdoors? If being out in the fresh air, exploring nature and the outdoors is your group’s interest then contact us to know more about our special package itinerary that we have created especially for a group like yours!
On request for groups – please enquire at the time of booking.
Approximately 120 minutes.
Notes for Group Leaders
We recommend that your group members wear comfortable clothes and shoes and bring a change of clothing with them.
Custom House Quay,
North Dock (Beside the Jeanie Johnston Ship),