Learn all about the world renowned West of Ireland and how sustainability is at the heart of the community
Discover how Ireland is playing a leading role in sustainability on this educative and inspiring tour exploring the highlights of the Burren Eco-Tourism programme. See how life on a working farm is adapting to protect the environment, learn how Atlantic fish farming is managed while sampling local delicacies, explore inspiring caves formations and uncover how the Cliffs of Moher are working hard to ensure future generations can continue to marvel at its wonder.
- 3 x nights Cliffs of Moher hostel accommodation
- Multi-bedded rooms for the students / Twin or single rooms for the Group leaders
- 3 x Light Continental breakfasts each morning
- 3 x Packed lunch each day to take out that includes a sandwich, a packet of crisps, a bottle of water and a piece of fruit
- 3 x 2 Course Dinner in a local restaurant
- Private coach with a driver guide for the full duration of this trip from collection at Dublin airport on Day 1 to drop off at Dublin airport on Day 5
- Entrance to the following attractions: Aillwee Caves and birds of prey centre, The Burren Smokehouse, the Cliffs of Moher site and visitor centre
- Visit to the Burren Farm Experience
- Back up & Support – 24 hour back up emergency support in destination
- Nearby the Cliffs of Moher
- Ensuite rooms (shower & toilets in bedrooms)
- Leaders accommodated in private rooms
- Students accommodated in multi bedded rooms
- FREE Continental breakfast
- FREE WiFi throughout the hostel
- FREE Bed linen
- Fully equipped self-catering kitchen
Your driver guide will collect you at Dublin airport and drive you to the West of Ireland to your Lisdoonvarna hostel – comfort stop on route.
The rest of your afternoon is at leisure.
Evening: Head to a local restaurant to enjoy your 2-course dinner and the friendly Irish hospitality.
Morning: Burren Farm Experience – This morning, head to a working beef farm set amongst 500 acres of Beautiful Burren landscape. The O’Rourke family have lived and worked here for generations and will guide you around their farm as well as providing stories and education about geology, environment and sustainable ways to operate every single day.
Afternoon: Cliffs of Moher – Towering over Ireland’s rugged West coastline, the Cliffs of Moher are a natural wonder to behold. After taking some enviable social media photos and a tour of the visitor centre, enjoy a talk with an informative guide who will speak about sustainability across the Burren area and how changing the little things can make a big difference.
Evening: Following a busy day, you will have your well-deserved 2-course dinner in a nearby restaurant.
Morning: Burren Smokehouse – Famed for their organic salmon, you will learn how salmon is sourced, prepared and smoked to perfection. On your smokehouse tour, you will uncover its nutritional benefits and discover the process in place to ensure it stays a sustainable way of life along the Atlantic Way, and of course the tour wouldn’t be complete without a tasting!
Afternoon: Aillwee Caves & The Birds of Prey – Lose yourself in the wonder of one of the oldest natural formations in Ireland, as your guide leads you through this unique underworld of dramatic twists and turns and free-flowing waterfalls. Finish by visiting the nearby birds of prey centre which is home to one of the largest collection of birds in the country.
Evening: After a nice day out in the open, enjoy your lovely 2-course dinner in a local restaurant.
Today you leave the West of Ireland and head back to Dublin airport on board your coach.
A break to stretch your legs will be given half way through the journey.
Most of this tour will be outdoors so we recommend wearing appropriate clothing and shoes.