Top Day Tours from Dublin: as chosen by us!
As the capital of the country, Dublin is an excellent place to base your group when visiting Ireland. Dublin itself has many exciting things to offer visitors but if you want to explore and see the rest that Ireland has to offer then there are a number of different day trips you can do. What else can I see? We have compiled a list of what we believe are the top day trips from Dublin. Read on for our tips.
You’re organising your group trip to Ireland and want to see it all; but where to start?! So that your group can explore the country the easy way, we have put together a list of our top day trips from Dublin:
- Celtic Tour of the Boyne Valley In one of the most ancient areas of Ireland with passage tombs and Celtic high crosses; climb the Hill of Tara where you can see for miles.
- Cliffs of Moher Take in the iconic Cliffs of Moher and see the spectacular scenery of the Burren on this trip to the West.
- Belfast Why not visit Northern Ireland and discover the political and historical sights that Belfast has to offer.
- Wicklow Mountains Explore the mountains that can be seen from Dublin’s centre, visit the old monastic site and take in the beautiful landscape where ‘PS I love you’ and ‘Braveheart’ were filmed.
- Connemara and Galway View the most spectacular scenery in Ireland and the beautiful Killary Fjord on your trip to the west.
- Cork and Blarney via Cashel Visit the city of Cork, surrounded by waterways and home to a host of culinary delights. Take in the sights and visit the English Market and Rock of Cashel.
These are our top picks of the best day tours from Dublin; find more detailed information on our day tours here. We can also arrange for your group to hire a coach for the day and choose which sights you would like to visit: contact us now to arrange this for your group! Or what not combine your stay in Dublin with one of our Celtic Group Hostels in Cork, Galway City, The Cliffs of Moher and Connemara. A multi location stay is a great way to experience the best of what Ireland has to offer.
We look forward to welcoming you to Ireland!
P.S. Keep an eye on our blog for detailed reviews of some these exciting day trips coming soon!
Blog courtesy of our marketing intern Anna.
20 July 2017
13 July 2017
13 June 2017
08 March 2017