Explore the Parts of Dublin Only the Local Experts Know
The walking tours of Dublin offered by famous historian Pat Liddy are popular with tourist groups wanting to add some local knowledge to their visit and there's no better opportunity than this one.
This is the perfect tour for visitors who would like to take a walk a little off the beaten track - to visit hidden treasures and places in our great city that are often missed. There are so many of these hidden gems that we may not be able to include them all in a 2.5 hr tour.
On a request basis we can organise an itinerary to include some of the following places of interest:
- St Audeon’s Medieval Parish Church,
- Chapter House of a 13th Century Abbey (by advance arrangement only),
- A 19th Century debtor’s prison (the extraordinary museum dedicated to the written word),
- The Chester Beatty library,
- The final resting place of St Valentine (yes, the real St Valentine!),
- Marsh’s Library (the same as the day it opened in 1704),
- The full campus of Trinity College,
- The Bog Bodies in the National Museum,
- The mummified bodies in the Viking church of St Michans,
- Site of the world’s first performance of Handel’s Messiah,
- The Fruit & Vegetable Market (mornings only),
- Interesting side streets and by-ways and so on – the list is endless.
Pat Liddy Tours can be also in German, French, Spanish and Italian - please contact us for details.
The walking tours by Pat Liddy also cover other topics - if your group is interested in obscurity, why not check out this tour on the macabre tales of Dublin's past?
Special interest lectures for your groups tailored to their area of interest are also provided by Pat Liddy Tours. These lectures are very educational and informative for groups.
Private tours run all year.
Notes for Group Leaders
Additional Guides are mandatory for student groups above 20 persons and all student groups must be accompanied by at least 1 teacher.
Foreign language guides available - supplement applies.
Due to their geographical spread, it may not be possible to see all of the above mentioned sights and attractions in a typical two or two and half hours tour, so a selection will be made by the guide in accordance with your group.
Each tour lasts max 3 hours (unless tailored to be longer/shorter) – no visits or entrance fees are included in the price.
Outside your Celtic Group Hostel in Dublin. Please be ready 10 minutes before pick-up time.