From Castles and Cathedrals, step back in time and discover the legacy of the Viking settlers in Dublin
Dublin is a city steeped in medieval history. From Viking Ships and archaeological wonders, immerse yourself in a world of early beginnings on this educational exploration of historical Dublin. Learn what life was like for locals as your group explores the secrets of the Ancient Viking Quarter and how the city has changed through the ages. This jam-packed tour is sure to enlighten, so get your Viking swords ready and set sail on this voyage to see Dublin in a completely different light.
- 3 x nights Dublin city centre hostel accommodation
- Multi-bedded rooms for the students / Twin or single rooms for the Group leaders
- 3 x Light Continental breakfasts each morning
- 3 x Packed lunch each day to take out that includes a sandwich, a packet of crisps, a bottle of water and a piece of fruit
- 3 x 2 Course Dinner in one of our local partner restaurants
- COACHING: Private airport transfer on day 1 and day 4
- Medieval Walking Guided tour of Dublin city centre
- Entrance to the following attractions:
Dublinia & Christ Church
National Museum of Ireland - Archaeology
- Back up & Support – 24 hour back up emergency support in destination
- Abraham Hostel in Dublin city centre
- Ensuite rooms ( shower & toilets in bedrooms)
- Leaders accommodated in private rooms
- Students accommodated in multi bedded rooms
- FREE Continental breakfast
- FREE WiFi throughout the hostel
- FREE Bed linen
- Fully equipped self-catering kitchen
Arriving at Dublin airport your driver will collect you and take you to your Dublin city centre accommodation.
Enjoy free time in the afternoon to settle in.
Evening: Head to a nearby restaurant where you’ll encounter the famous Irish hospitality for tonight’s 2-course dinner.
Morning: Medieval Guided walking Tour – Get your walking shoes ready as you are taken on a unique and entertaining walking tour. Your expert guide will teach you everything there is to know about Dublin’s early past as you explore where the Vikings first settled in the 10th century. From Castles and Cathedrals to medieval walls and modern streets with many years of history, this tour will showcase a different side to Ireland’s historic capital.
Afternoon: Dublin castle – Uncover the story of the Castle’s early beginnings, admire the Gothic Chapel Royal and dive down into the Castle depths to explore the Viking excavation site. Finish by exploring the beautiful gardens and look out for the sea serpents to discover the story of how “Dublin” was first given its game.
Evening: Finish your day in a local restaurant to enjoy your 2-course dinner.
Morning: Combined tour of Dublinia and Christ Church – Travel back to a medieval and Viking world at Dublinia, learn what it took to be a Viking warrior and discover how the Dublin of today has been influenced by these fascinating past generations of settlers. Continue your visit to Christ Church Cathedral, renowned over the world for its beautiful architecture. Explore the labyrinths, walk across the mesmerising floor tiles and hear stories of how this Ancient church has been a crucial place of worship for over 1000 years.
Afternoon: National Museum of Ireland Archeology – Since first opening its doors in 1890, there have been few places in Ireland that can offer such a diverse range of archaeological findings than where you will visit today. From Celtic Art to Prehistoric artefacts and reconstructed tombs, there is so much to explore.
Evening: After a busy day around Dublin, savour a hearty 2-course dinner at a local restaurant.
Your coach will come and collect you at your hostel accommodation to take you back to the airport.
Ireland's weather is very changeable, however the guided walking tour will run in any weather conditions (unless very extreme) - therefore we recommend that you bring suitable waterproof clothing and footwear.