Role: Group Operations Executive
Position: Full Time
Celtic Group Hostels - Ireland’s leading hostel network and group tour operator, currently have a vacancy for a Group Operations Executive to join our busy central reservations office team, based in Dublin. This is an ideal role for a candidate looking to develop their career in the Irish incoming tourism market – group booking specific.
The company is 25 years in business and is the leading group travel organiser for youth & student group tours to Ireland.
The central reservations office is the hub of our business here at CGH. It is a very busy and dynamic environment. Each year over 800 group’s book via our company. We process and operate all of these bookings PLUS organise interesting and exciting itineraries and things to do for them – day tours, attractions, guides, coaching etc (we provide full ground handling services). We are a one stop shop and we arrange and operate it all for our group clients.
Our group clients are a mixture of international youth & student tour operators sending groups to Ireland and teachers/group leaders travelling with their groups directly as part their school/university trip.
The candidate will work under direction of the Groups Supervisor/Operations Director and will gain experience in all aspects of group reservations and operations.
This position suits a candidate who has excellent administration skills, a good knowledge of Ireland (Irish Tourism Market), can work on multiple projects in a busy environment, and is willing to work as part of a young and friendly team.
This is a back office role - communication with clients and suppliers is via email and bookings are operated and managed via our bespoke booking system which we are constantly developing.
CORE DUTIES OF THE ROLE
- Follow up of all provisional bookings as per deadlines given to group clients – extending provisional bookings / confirming bookings or cancellation of provisional bookings if reservations are not progressing.
- Updating booking reservation system re quotations / provisional bookings / cancellations etc.
- Follow up of all group quotations completed (as assigned by supervisor)
- Booking up of all services of quote/provisional booking once confirmed
- File set up - Compiling a group file for each new confirmed group within in house reservations system as per procedures established
- Updating in house bookings system re confirmed groups.
- Creating client invoices from booking system and issuing to clients as per agent contract terms & conditions.
- Following up with clients via reservations system re deposit payment deadlines and also balance of payment deadlines – updating Supervisor/Director ref any payment issues.
- Processing payments from clients via credit card (if applicable) and updating booking details in system.
- Group files check details – ensuring all groups checks are completed ( 1st , 2nd checks etc) per targets set for department and that booking system is updated according. Following up with client’s ref missing details in preparation for group finalising – group leader name / mobile / rooming list / ETA etc and updating booking system accordingly
- Upselling to confirmed groups – additional services promotion ie coaching, meals, activities etc
- Finalising group files - per procedures established – i.e. passenger rooming lists / estimated time of arrivals of groups for hostels / Additional Services finalising details – coaching; guiding; visitor attractions etc / Booking summaries to clients; hostels etc and Voucher creation and forwarding to clients (where applicable re vouchers) via in house reservations system.
- Amendments – amending group bookings as requested by clients - rooming, services etc and updating to suppliers and updating booking system accordingly.
- Always ensuring last communication on group bookings – client / hostels / service is a full clear overview for what is booked on that group - this ensures easier for colleagues to follow on working on a group and also less margin for error.
- Always ensuring emails in your inbox are responded to and actioned accordingly to their tagging status. During initial weeks training emails to action will be assigned.
- Always ensuring to action notes on bookings are clear for colleagues to follow up on via booking system,
- Ensuring being familiar & knowledgeable ref our hostel network – who they are, locations, services, room breakdown etc
- Knowledgeable of all the Ground Handling services we offer groups so can comfortably sell same and we would encourage all staff to experience as much of them as possible.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with a pleasant telephone manner
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Possess a can do attitude and a passion for their work and the Industry
- Good financial awareness
- Minimum one year’s experience of working within a hospitality office environment (Experience of working in reservations/bookings within the inbound Irish Tourism market is a distinct advantage)
Candidates must be available to attend for a face to face interview in Dublin over the coming weeks.
HOURS OF WORK
Full time position working Monday to Friday 0900-17.00 hrs.
From €25,500.00 depending on experience + performance related bonus.